Kahnawake Online Casinos

Kahnawake Online Casinos Logo White

Best Blackjack Strategies and Tips

Use the Best Blackjack Strategies

Gain the upper hand in blackjack with easy strategies for quick wins. Mastering the perfect blackjack strategy, and even exploring card counting, can tilt the odds in your favor.

Embracing basic strategy can reduce the casino’s advantage to about 0.5%, making blackjack a player-friendly game. Explore quick and effective tips for improving your 21 games, while playing at Kahnawake online casinos.

Blackjack Basic Strategy Chart

Mastering blackjack begins with grasping the basic strategy chart. Think of it as your guide, showing the best move for every situation. It’s key to making optimal decisions at the blackjack table.

How to Use the Blackjack Chart

Navigating the blackjack chart may seem daunting at first, but it’s a breeze once you get the hang of it. Find your hand’s total value on the left and match it with the dealer’s upturned card on the right.

The box you land on tells you the best move: stand, split, double down, or surrender. Stick to games that allow doubling down and surrendering for the best results.

Key Takeaways from Basic Blackjack Strategy

For a quick start with the blackjack strategy table, keep these key points in mind for your sessions:

  • Stand on 17 or higher: Holding a hard 17 or higher, even against an Ace or 10, is generally your best bet.
  • Double Down on 11: Seize the opportunity to double down on a hard 11, maximizing your winning potential.
  • Split 8s and Aces: Always split a pair of eights or aces, regardless of the dealer’s hand. Consider standing with nines.
  • Never Split 10s: With a starting hand of 10s, always stand, as it provides a strong chance of winning.
  • Hit on Ace-7 for Dealer’s 9, 10, or Ace: While Ace-7 is a decent start, hitting is advised if the dealer’s upcard is 9, 10, or Ace.

How Blackjack Basic Strategy Originated

In the 1950s, four US Army engineers, armed with adding machines, laid the foundation for basic strategy in blackjack. Over time, computer simulations enhanced their approach, giving birth to the blackjack strategy chart—a handy guide for players to make optimal decisions.

Learning the Basic Blackjack Strategy Chart

To grasp the chart easily, follow these practical tips:

  • Practice for Free: Play online blackjack in demo mode to practice decisions at your own pace.
  • Print the Table: Keep a printed copy of the basic strategy chart for quick reference during gameplay.
  • Use Flashcards: Reinforce your understanding by creating flashcards with different hands and practicing aloud.
  • Don’t Deviate: Stick to the provided table during practice to ensure consistent learning.

Beyond Basic Strategy: Card Counting

After mastering basic strategy, delve into advanced techniques like card counting for a 1- to 2-percent long-term advantage. Note that card counting is applicable only in land-based casinos.

Choosing the Right Blackjack Game

Maximize your odds by opting for games with favorable rules:

  • Single Deck – Choose single-deck blackjack for a lower house edge.
  • Blackjack Pays 3:2 – Ensure a 3-to-2 payout for a natural 21, avoiding 6-to-5 payout games.
  • Double Down Available – Select games that permit doubling down to decrease the house edge.
  • Dealer Stands on Soft 17 – Confirm if the dealer stands on soft 17 for a positive impact on the house edge.
  • Surrender – Look for games with the surrender option, especially beneficial in specific situations.
  • Double Down After Splitting – Opt for games allowing doubling down after splitting for a strategic advantage.

Live Dealer Blackjack

Dive into the live dealer blackjack world with Evolution Gaming at the forefront. Enjoy different game variations, from classic blackjack to Lightning Blackjack, for an added thrill.

How to Bet at Blackjack

For successful betting:

  • Place Bets – Pick your chip value and place bets within the table limit.
  • Deal Cards – Each hand gets two cards, one dealer card is visible.
  • Hand Options – Decide on actions for each hand: stand, hit, split, double down, or surrender.
  • Final Hand – The dealer shows the second card, and payouts are determined based on the result.

Top 5 Blackjack Tips

Before hitting the tables, keep these tips in mind:

Avoid Side Bets – Stick to the main game as side bets often have high house edges, exceeding 10%.
Set a Budget – Establish a gambling budget and stick to it for responsible gameplay.
Stay Sober – Clear decision-making is crucial, so avoid alcohol during your session.
Enjoy Your Winnings – Cash out after a successful session and savor your profits.
Change Bet Size – Adjust your bet size based on the game’s progression, especially if you’re counting cards.

How to Win in Blackjack

Winning is easier with basic strategy charts. Try the Martingale system for betting, doubling after a loss. But be cautious and keep a healthy bankroll.

Joining the Best Blackjack Casino

Choose regulated online casinos with bonuses and secure transactions for better returns. Stick to licensed platforms in your state for a safe and enjoyable gaming experience.

Understanding Blackjack Gameplay

In blackjack, aim to beat the dealer in three ways:

  • Outvalue the dealer without going over 21.
  • Have a hand value of 21 or lower while the dealer goes over 21.
  • Get a natural blackjack (21 from the first two cards) when the dealer has less than 21.

Playing Options in Blackjack

In blackjack, you have several moves:

  • Stand – Keep your hand’s value and finish your turn.
  • Hit – Ask for another card to improve your hand.
  • Split – Divide a pair into two hands, with an extra bet.
  • Double Down – Request one more card while doubling your initial bet.
  • Surrender – Forfeit the hand, losing only half your initial stake.
  • Insurance – A side bet against the dealer having a natural blackjack.

Kahnawake Online Casinos #1 Advice for Blackjack Players

Read carefully the strategies and tips we listed on this page and try them out. But remember to quit while you’re ahead instead of chasing losses with even more bets!

At the end of the day, you can always try out some other games like roulette, poker, or slots.

Blackjack Strategies and Tips at Kahnawake Online Casinos

Best Blackjack Strategies and Tips FAQ

The best strategy that any player can follow and actually improves the house edge is called basic blackjack strategy. For this, you have to follow the chart included in this guide.

When the dealer is showing a 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6, it is best to stand on a hard 16. If the dealer has anything else, hit for the chance to improve the hand. However, if surrender is available, you can use the feature when the dealer shows a 9, 10, or Ace.

Yes, you should always double down on 11 if you are playing blackjack where the dealer must hit soft 17.

Yes, you can use betting strategies in blackjack, in addition to following the blackjack cheat sheet. We recommend using the Martingale system and double the bet size after a losing hand. When you win, you reset back to the initial bet.

5 Blackjack Tips to Master for Becoming a Better Player

  • Stand with a hand of 12-16 when the dealer has 2-6.
  • Hit with a hand of 12-16 when the dealer has 7-Ace.
  • Always split Aces and 8s.
  • Double down on 11 against the dealer’s 2-10.
  • Hit or double down on Aces-6.

Ten Simple Blackjack Strategies

  • Double down on 11, except when the dealer has an Ace.
  • Double down on a starting hand of ten when the dealer shows 2-9.
  • Double down on a soft 13-18 when the dealer has a 5 or 6.
  • Always split Aces and eights.
  • Never split fives or tens.
  • Avoid making the insurance bet.
  • If the dealer has a 2 or 3 showing, hit on a hard 12.
  • Hit on an Ace-7 when the dealer shows 9, 10, or Ace.
  • When dealt a pair of 2s or 3s, hit against a dealer’s 2 or 3.
  • Always stand with a pair of 9s when the dealer shows 7.

After all cards are drawn, whoever is closer to 21 than the dealer wins. If both hands have equal value, it’s a tie. Winning bets are paid 1/1, and if you get Blackjack, you get paid 3/2.

For 13, stand if the dealer has 2 through 6, otherwise hit. For 12, stand if the dealer has 4 through 6, otherwise hit. Always double on 11. Double on 10 if the dealer has 2 through 9, otherwise hit.

For most players starting a new round with no additional info, it’s generally advised to hit on 12 when the dealer has a 2. However, for card counters, there’s an exception. If there are at least 3 extra high cards (10s and aces) per deck, standing becomes the better mathematical choice.

If your initial cards were the jack of spades and an ace, you used to get an extra payout, giving rise to the name Blackjack. While these bonuses are no longer available, the fundamental concept remains unchanged.

Common Basic Blackjack Mistakes

  • Not hitting on soft 18.
  • Standing on a low hand against a dealer’s high upcard.
  • Taking insurance bets.
  • Splitting tens.
  • Over-betting the bankroll.
  • Ignoring blackjack bankroll strategy.
  • Failing to set win/loss limits.
  • Incorrect basic strategy plays.

In Blackjack, luck plays a role, but skill is crucial. The amount of skill you apply depends on how much time and effort you invest in learning. Card counting is one such skill—frowned upon by casinos, but not illegal.

Cards 7 or below are favorable, while the six cards higher than 7 are not. If you decide to hit on 14, you have a slightly better than even chance (54%) of improving your hand, and there’s a slightly lower chance (46%) of going bust.